Disclaimer: The article contains affiliate links to products selected by our editors. Smartwebreviews may receive a commission for purchases made through these links.
Recently, I’ve been looking for a laptop that can pack in a powerful punch in a relatively small frame, and the Razer Blade 14 absolutely ticks all the boxes. I was amazed by the RTX 3070 Ti, capable of powering through the most demanding games, while still keeping the noise levels incredibly low.
The QHD 165Hz display option was simply stunning. When it comes to ports, the Blade 14 offers plenty, with two USB A 3.2, HDMI 2.1, and two USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 ports that both support DisplayPort and Power Delivery. The camera inside has also been upgraded to provide a surprisingly clean image with true to life colors.
What I really love about this laptop is the sleek design, despite the powerful components inside. System performance was excellent and able to compete with much larger notebooks, and the Samsung NVMe drive provides speedy transfers. Gaming performance was extraordinary, and the RTX 3070 Ti managed to get above 60FPS in almost all games, even in QHD.
I was also pleasantly surprised at the fan noise, or lack thereof. Even under load, the Blade 14 remained relatively quiet, and with the custom boost mode I was able to get the full performance the Ryzen 9 6900 HX was capable of, while still keeping the noise levels low.
All in all, I’m incredibly pleased with the Razer Blade 14, and I would highly recommend it to anyone looking for a powerful gaming laptop in a small size.
What Sets the Razer Blade 14 Apart?
When it comes to premium 14-inch gaming laptops, the Razer Blade 14 stands out from the competition. This sleek, matte black powerhouse is loaded with powerful features such as an 8-core AMD Ryzen 6900 HX, 16GB of soldered DDR5 memory, and an RTX 3070 Ti GPU running at 100 watts. Plus, the Blade 14 offers a vibrant QHD 165Hz display option for gamers, and portability with two USB A/3.2, HDMI 2.1, and two USB C/3.2 gen 2 ports that both support DisplayPort and power delivery. Furthermore, Razer has upgraded the camera to a 1080p sensor, resulting in a surprisingly clean image and true-to-life colors. Despite its small size, the Razer Blade 14 can easily outperform larger notebooks due to the efficient Ryzen CPU. With its amazing performance and quiet operation, the Blade 14 is sure to be a top choice for gamers.
What Ports Does the Razer Blade 14 Offer?
The Razer Blade 14 is a top-of-the-line 14-inch gaming laptop packed with tons of power and the latest cutting-edge components. The small yet powerful machine even packs a surprising selection of ports. On the left side, there are two USB-A 3.2 ports, an HDMI 2.1 port, and two USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 ports that both support DisplayPort and power delivery. On the right side, one additional USB-A 3.2 port is available. Despite the small chassis, the port selection is very good and all the necessary ports are available. Wi-Fi performance is solid and users have access to the full range of performance settings via the Razer Synapse software.
Evaluating the Keyboard and Touchpad of the Razer Blade 14
The Razer Blade 14 is equipped with a Chrome enabled keyboard featuring minimal key travel and a shallow feel. Although it may take some time to adjust to the smaller keys on the left side of the keyboard, it is still an acceptable typing experience overall. The touchpad is also satisfactory, providing reliable and accurate response. With its sleek matte black design, the Razer Blade 14 looks as good as it performs.
Comparing the Display of the Razer Blade 14
The Razer Blade 14 offers a great display option, with the QHD 165Hz refresh rate. Alienware X14 offers a 16
What Performance Does The Razer Blade 14 Offer?
The Razer Blade 14 offers an impressive performance level, suitable for both gaming and professional applications. It comes equipped with a QHD 165Hz display, an RTX 3070 Ti, a powerful 8 core AMD Ryzen 6900 HX processor, 16GB of soldered DDR5 memory, and a 1TB SSD. In terms of performance, the laptop is able to deliver a very high frame rate in almost any game and is well-suited for graphically intense titles, as well as for fast-paced competitive multiplayer shooters. Furthermore, the laptop’s custom boost mode allows the CPU to reach a maximum of 55 watts, whereas the RTX 3070 Ti operates with a power budget of 100 watts. Thanks to this efficient processor and graphics chip, the Blade 14 also offers excellent runtimes on battery.
How Long Does the Razer Blade 14 Last on a Single Charge?
The Razer Blade 14 laptop offers excellent battery life, able to last up to 9.5 hours on a single charge. This impressive run time was achieved during Wi-Fi web surfing tests. As the Blade 14 is small and powerful, the efficient Ryzen CPU helps to make this possible. With this laptop, you can work on the go without worrying about running out of battery life too quickly.
- Impressive build quality with a sleek and small design
- Excellent colour reproduction and great colour gamut coverage, perfect for professional applications
- High performance with an RTX 3070 Ti and a Ryzen 9 6900 HX
- Fairly shallow keyboard with minimal key travel due to the smaller chassis
- Not a lot of upgradability options, mostly limited to changing the wifi module and upgrading the SSD
- Slightly higher fan noise compared to competitors in its custom performance mode
The Razer Blade 14 is a powerful and quiet gaming notebook that offers excellent performance while keeping fan noise to a minimum. The Ryzen 9 6900 HX processor and RTX 3070 Ti GPU provide excellent gaming performance, while the powerful cooling system ensures that the laptop stays cool and quiet. The QHD 165 Hz display and the 1080p camera offer excellent visuals and a great video conferencing experience. The laptop also offers commendable i/o options, making it a suitable choice for professional applications as well. For gamers looking for an impressive yet quiet laptop, the Razer Blade 14 is definitely worth considering.
- Question: What features does the 2022 Razer Blade 14 have?
- Answer: The 2022 Razer Blade 14 comes with a QHD 165Hz display option, an RTX 3070 Ti GPU running at 100 watts, an 8-core AMD Ryzen 6900 HX CPU, and 16GB of soldered DDR5 RAM with a 1TB SSD. Higher end variants come with an RTX 3080 Ti, and lower end options come with a full HD display and RTX 3060 GPU.
- Question: How does the Razer Blade 14 handle noise and fan performance?
- Answer: The Razer Blade 14 offers excellent noise and fan performance. In idle or low load scenarios, the two fans are almost inaudible and even under load, the Blade performs better than one would expect from its specs. When the CPU is running under a full load in the custom boost mode, the Blade 14 can keep up its performance indefinitely. The Balanced Mode is also particularly quiet while maintaining a good frame rate.
- Question: What ports does the Razer Blade 14 have?
- Answer: The Razer Blade 14 has two USB-A 3.2, one HDMI 2.1, two USB-C 3.2 Gen 2 ports that both support DisplayPort and Power Delivery, and a WiFi module.